Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Prayer: Every Hour on the Hour

Yesterday I tried a style of praying that I have rarely ever tried outside of a retreat: to pray every hour on the hour for 12 hours (6am- 6pm). This was actually a pretty good day to try this out since I did not have that many appointments. I was really moved by the way this practice helped to change several moments around for me. It would seem that when ever I was getting frustrated or in the need for a mental or physical stretch, it would be time to pray and that would help to reorient the moment toward the Spirit. There was much to be grateful for in every hour of the day, and it was nice to take the time and thank God for that. Tomorrow, try to incorporate this into your day and you will be amazed by how centered you will feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment