Friday, April 1, 2011

Prayer- Confession is Good for the Foolish Soul

Lent is often thought of as the Liturgical Season most associated with the act of Confession. In that spirit, I will share this April Fool's confession with you inspiration for your own Lenten journey. Yesterday, before work began, I was doing an internet search for April Fool's Day pranks ideas. I had never actually pulled one of these types of pranks before and I was hoping to find a really good one to pull on some poor, unsuspecting person. Instead, the joke was on me when I clicked on a site that had a virus on it. I did not realize that this was the case until later in the morning when I kept getting bombarded with pop-up virus notes. At that point, I knew that I had to call in Mo. Laura to fix the problem that I made, and when I realized that it was probably because of the silly search I had made, I was totally abashed! Yet, she spent the time to help clean up the computer and even had a good laugh with me. When we confess something, we are admitting that we are human and that we need help to get out of the holes that we dig for themselves. Today, spend some time in conversation with God asking him for help fixing the problems in our souls that we have created in our foolishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment